[The Sandbox]“Plurality in Voxel” VoxEdit Contest
“With Picture This, we have created a global platform for world-renowned photographers, curated iconic drops and fine art gallery partners. Our aim is to continue to broaden the horizon of photography art and finding meaningful collaborations within the intersection of different art forms, blockchain and beyond. We are set out to build the bridge between the traditional fine art and crypto worlds. And our collaboration with The Sandbox team is aiming to take voxel art and photography art forms to new creative heights and a great collecting experience for the collectors on the metaverse” says Ilgi Evecan, Chief Metaverse Officer at Picture This.
‘Plurality in Voxel’ contest aims to unlock impactful collaborations in the traditional and digital art world.
“Pluralism is the position that there are not one consistent means
of approaching truths about the world, but rather many”, says Zeynep
Utku, Head of Growth at Picture This. “Often this is associated with conceptual, contextual, or cultural relativism. Hence, this concept is much in relevance to the new realm of possibilities offered within The Metaverse.”
Each participant will express their vision of plurality using The Sandbox’s VoxEdit software, with personal styles, techniques and imagination.
10 winners will be selected and will receive SAND prizes (the rewards break down is listed below). Once the 10 winners are announced, Picture This will pair each of them with a photographer that will be producing a 2D version of the VX asset created. In addition the 1st place winner will be able to create a VX asset that incorporates the 10 winning assets.
30,000 SAND will be split amongst the top entries the following ways:
- 1st place: 12,000 SAND + create an VX asset combining the 10 winning assets.
- 2nd place: 7,000 SAND;
- 3rd place: 4,000 SAND;
- 4th to 10th place: each receives 1,000 SAND.
- Submissions open: August 13th, at 00:00pm UTC.
- Submissions close: August 21st, at 23:59pm UTC.
- Reviews and voting begins: August 22nd to September 11th.
- Result announcement: September 18th.
How To Submit Your Entry
- Create a GIF of your fully animated asset. (We recommend using Gyazo).
- Tweet your asset’s GIF mentioning @VoxEdit, @TheSandboxGame and @PictureThis_Art on Twitter. Make sure to include #VoxEditWeekly hashtags in your Tweet.
- To finalize your submission, please fill out the following Google Form: COMING
Important Entry Guidelines
- Low quality entries or spammed entries with no effort put into their creation will be disqualified at The Sandbox’s discretion. The same goes for attempting to claim other people’s creations as your own — we’ll know.
- Entries with sexual, homophobic, racist, and other NSFW or inappropriate references will be disqualified. Keep it family friendly.
- Your entry must be made in The Sandbox’s free VoxEdit software (click here), available on Windows and Mac.
- Make sure you have read and understood the VoxEdit Contest Guidelines.
- Assets should not exceed more than 5000 faces.
- Assets should not exceed a max of 175 nodes.
- The maximum size of an asset is 512 voxels tall (16 meters). Floor print should not exceed 512 x 512 x 512.
New to VoxEdit Or Need Assistance?
- Check out our new VoxEdit Academy knowledge base by clicking here.
- Join our Discord community to chat with other artists, linked at the bottom of this article.
Good luck to all the participants!